Report: Inmates sue beer companies, want $1 billion in damages
BOISE, Idaho (WTKR) - Five inmates at the Idaho State Correctional Institution have filed a lawsuit against national beer and wine companies, alleging that alcohol led to their crimes and that they should have been warned alcohol can be addictive. That’s according to a report from KBOI in Boise, Idaho.
The U.S. District Court confirmed that a civil suit was filed Dec. 10 by inmates Keith Allen Brown, and co-plaintiffs Jeremy Joseph Brown, Cory Alan Baugh, Woodrow John Grant and Steven Todd Thompson.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- ‘Super’ exercise helps mom lose 110 pounds
- The missing Malaysia Airlines flight: What we know and don’t know
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen