Report: Inmates sue beer companies, want $1 billion in damages
BOISE, Idaho (WTKR) - Five inmates at the Idaho State Correctional Institution have filed a lawsuit against national beer and wine companies, alleging that alcohol led to their crimes and that they should have been warned alcohol can be addictive. That’s according to a report from KBOI in Boise, Idaho.
The U.S. District Court confirmed that a civil suit was filed Dec. 10 by inmates Keith Allen Brown, and co-plaintiffs Jeremy Joseph Brown, Cory Alan Baugh, Woodrow John Grant and Steven Todd Thompson.
- UPDATE: Two more victims die overnight after fatal Sandbridge crash
- Rapper Andre Johnson severs penis, jumps off building, but survives
- WATCH: Judge lashes out at convicted killer "I hope you die in prison"
- Virginia Beach residents angered by early-morning reverse 911 call
- UPDATE: Crews free stuck cargo ship