Update: Suspect wanted for multiple bank robberies in Norfolk arrested
Update: The suspect who was wanted for several bank robberies in Norfolk has now been arrested.
The most recent bank robbery happened Friday, January 4, 2013. Police received the call at 11:47 a.m.; crews responded to the Bank of America, located in the 800 block of Military Highway, inside Military Circle Mall.
Police say the suspect, 44-year-old Demetruis Lockhart, displayed a handgun, demanded U.S. currency, and then ran away from the scene.
Lockhart was also wanted for robbing the Wells Fargo Bank in the 2000 block of Colonial Avenue on December 22, 2012; and the Wells Fargo Bank located in the 1200 block of North Military Highway on December 26, 2012.
Related Stories:Submit Your Photo
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Man wants ‘murder’ tattoo removed from neck before trial
- Norfolk Airport holds auction for items from lost and found