Update: Suspect wanted for multiple bank robberies in Norfolk arrested
Update: The suspect who was wanted for several bank robberies in Norfolk has now been arrested.
The most recent bank robbery happened Friday, January 4, 2013. Police received the call at 11:47 a.m.; crews responded to the Bank of America, located in the 800 block of Military Highway, inside Military Circle Mall.
Police say the suspect, 44-year-old Demetruis Lockhart, displayed a handgun, demanded U.S. currency, and then ran away from the scene.
Lockhart was also wanted for robbing the Wells Fargo Bank in the 2000 block of Colonial Avenue on December 22, 2012; and the Wells Fargo Bank located in the 1200 block of North Military Highway on December 26, 2012.
Related Stories:Submit Your Photo
- UPDATE: Two girls die after crash in Sandbridge, five others hospitalized
- Rapper Andre Johnson severs penis, jumps off building, but survives
- Which Hampton Roads city is the cheapest for your family?
- Virginia Beach residents angered by early-morning reverse 911 call
- The real story behind the ‘train selfie’ and the man kicked in head by ‘conductor’