Update: Suspect wanted for multiple bank robberies in Norfolk arrested
Update: The suspect who was wanted for several bank robberies in Norfolk has now been arrested.
The most recent bank robbery happened Friday, January 4, 2013. Police received the call at 11:47 a.m.; crews responded to the Bank of America, located in the 800 block of Military Highway, inside Military Circle Mall.
Police say the suspect, 44-year-old Demetruis Lockhart, displayed a handgun, demanded U.S. currency, and then ran away from the scene.
Lockhart was also wanted for robbing the Wells Fargo Bank in the 2000 block of Colonial Avenue on December 22, 2012; and the Wells Fargo Bank located in the 1200 block of North Military Highway on December 26, 2012.
Related Stories:Submit Your Photo
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- Girl receives over 200 stitches in her head after vicious pit bull attack in Newport News
- Slain officer's text messages will be evidence at murder trial
- Family says 22-pound cat held them hostage in their own home