Hampton teen charged after allegedly shooting himself
A Hampton teen is now being charged after police say he shot himself. Police say the 16-year-old accidentally shot himself in the arm.
It happened around 2 on Sunday morning on Phelps Circle near east Pembroke Avenue.
The teen was treated and released from the hospital.
He’s charged with reckless handling of a firearm.
- UPDATE: Two girls die after crash in Sandbridge, five others hospitalized
- UPDATE: Cargo ship runs aground in Virginia Beach; crews to start salvage plan Friday
- Rapper Andre Johnson severs penis, jumps off building, but survives
- Which Hampton Roads city is the cheapest for your family?
- Virginia Beach residents angered by early-morning reverse 911 call