Hampton teen charged after allegedly shooting himself
A Hampton teen is now being charged after police say he shot himself. Police say the 16-year-old accidentally shot himself in the arm.
It happened around 2 on Sunday morning on Phelps Circle near east Pembroke Avenue.
The teen was treated and released from the hospital.
He’s charged with reckless handling of a firearm.
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen
- Woman's body found on Yorktown Beach
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Bond for mom who drove van filled with kids into ocean set at $1.2 million