Another ring for Phil Jackson – coach proposes to longtime girlfriend
11-time NBA champion coach Phil Jackson has another ring. Jackson proposed to his longtime girlfriend Jeannie Buss over the Christmas holiday, and Buss confirmed the engagement on Twitter with a photo of the ring yesterday.
The 67-year-old Jackson and the 51-year-old Buss have been dating since 1999. Buss is the daughter of Lakers owner Dr. Jerry Buss, who Jackson won five titles for.
Jackson was reportedly close to returning to the Lakers this year before the team decided to hire Mike D’Antoni instead. The Brooklyn Nets are reportedly interested in having Jackson fill their current coaching vacancy.
- UPDATE: Two more victims die overnight after fatal Sandbridge crash
- WATCH: Judge lashes out at convicted killer "I hope you die in prison"
- One person rushed to hospital after double shooting in Virginia Beach
- USS Harry S. Truman Carrier Strike Group returns home
- Norfolk resident: 'They had my little stepson on the ground with the gun to his head'