Another ring for Phil Jackson – coach proposes to longtime girlfriend
11-time NBA champion coach Phil Jackson has another ring. Jackson proposed to his longtime girlfriend Jeannie Buss over the Christmas holiday, and Buss confirmed the engagement on Twitter with a photo of the ring yesterday.
The 67-year-old Jackson and the 51-year-old Buss have been dating since 1999. Buss is the daughter of Lakers owner Dr. Jerry Buss, who Jackson won five titles for.
Jackson was reportedly close to returning to the Lakers this year before the team decided to hire Mike D’Antoni instead. The Brooklyn Nets are reportedly interested in having Jackson fill their current coaching vacancy.
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Bond for mom who drove van filled with kids into ocean set at $1.2 million
- Owner of Chesapeake nail salon shot during robbery