Another ring for Phil Jackson – coach proposes to longtime girlfriend
11-time NBA champion coach Phil Jackson has another ring. Jackson proposed to his longtime girlfriend Jeannie Buss over the Christmas holiday, and Buss confirmed the engagement on Twitter with a photo of the ring yesterday.
The 67-year-old Jackson and the 51-year-old Buss have been dating since 1999. Buss is the daughter of Lakers owner Dr. Jerry Buss, who Jackson won five titles for.
Jackson was reportedly close to returning to the Lakers this year before the team decided to hire Mike D’Antoni instead. The Brooklyn Nets are reportedly interested in having Jackson fill their current coaching vacancy.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Man wants ‘murder’ tattoo removed from neck before trial
- Victim's family angry after killer gets unsupervised leave