Woman sexually assaulted while walking home from church in Franklin
Franklin, Va. – Police tell NewsChannel 3 a woman was sexually assaulted as she was walking home from a church service on New Year’s Day.
It happened at 2 a.m. on January 1, 2013. Police say a 55-year-old woman was walking home after a church service, when she approached the area of Gardner Street and Armory Drive. An unknown black male suspect approached her, and displayed a handgun. Police say he attempted to rob the victim. The victim told the suspect that she had no money; the suspect then forced her behind a residence where he sexually assaulted her.
After the attack, police say the suspect ran away from the scene. The suspect is described as a black male, wearing light colored trousers, a plaid shirt, or possibly a plaid jacket with red in the plaid pattern.
Anyone with information about this crime is asked to call Detective Corporal J. B. Butts at 757-562-2849, Franklin Police 757-562-8575, or Franklin Crime Solvers at 757-562-8599. Information that leads to an arrest can earn the caller a cash reward of up to 1,000.00 dollars while remaining anonymous.
- ‘Super’ exercise helps mom lose 110 pounds
- The missing Malaysia Airlines flight: What we know and don’t know
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- ‘Little hero’ uses Facetime to save his mom