Norfolk named the No. 2 drunkest city in America
The Daily Beast has ranked Norfolk Number 2 on its list of the 25 Drunkest Cities in America, ahead of all others except Boston.
The city earned the honor based on three factors: The 15.1 average alcoholic drinks consumed by adults per month, the 19.9% of the population classified as binge drinkers and the 5.2% of the population classified as heavy drinkers.
Rounding out the top five were Milwaukee, Charleston, South Carolina and Austin, Texas.
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Bond for mom who drove van filled with kids into ocean set at $1.2 million
- Owner of Chesapeake nail salon shot during robbery