Norfolk named the No. 2 drunkest city in America
The Daily Beast has ranked Norfolk Number 2 on its list of the 25 Drunkest Cities in America, ahead of all others except Boston.
The city earned the honor based on three factors: The 15.1 average alcoholic drinks consumed by adults per month, the 19.9% of the population classified as binge drinkers and the 5.2% of the population classified as heavy drinkers.
Rounding out the top five were Milwaukee, Charleston, South Carolina and Austin, Texas.
- Update: Police officer kills man at Norfolk Wells Fargo; deceased suspect identified
- Mom forces bullying daughter to don thrift store threads
- Man shot and killed after pinning James City County police officer between two cars
- Virginia Beach man charged with wife's murder
- Two-mile-wide tornado kills at least 51, including 7 elementary school students