Norfolk named the No. 2 drunkest city in America
The Daily Beast has ranked Norfolk Number 2 on its list of the 25 Drunkest Cities in America, ahead of all others except Boston.
The city earned the honor based on three factors: The 15.1 average alcoholic drinks consumed by adults per month, the 19.9% of the population classified as binge drinkers and the 5.2% of the population classified as heavy drinkers.
Rounding out the top five were Milwaukee, Charleston, South Carolina and Austin, Texas.
- Man accused of stealing from dying friend now a fugitive
- Officials discuss plans to repair closed Bonner Bridge
- Chesterfield teen charged with sexually abusing pregnant pit bull
- Washington and Lee student killed, 9 injured in crash
- 2 million Facebook, Gmail and Twitter passwords stolen in massive hack, report says