7-year-old hit by car while being dropped off at Chesapeake school
Chesapeake, Va. – Police say a 7-year-old will recover after his mother accidentally ran into him while he was being dropped off at school.
Emergency crews received the call at 7:50 a.m. Thursday morning, January 3, 2013. Police say the 7-year-old was being dropped off at Camelot Elementary School by his mother, when she accidentally hit him as he got out of the car.
The child was transported to CHKD, and will recover, officials say.
- Cargo ship runs aground in high winds off Virginia Beach
- One dead, eight hurt in multi-vehicle crash in Sandbridge
- Rapper Andre Johnson severs penis, jumps off building, but survives
- Which Hampton Roads city is the cheapest for your family?
- VIDEO: Why it's not a good idea to take selfies with moving trains