First homicide of the year in Suffolk
Suffolk, Va. – The city of Suffolk recorded its first homicide of the new year early Tuesday morning.
Police responded to a call of shots fired at a gathering in the 400 block of Linden Ave around 3 am.
Officers learned the victim had been driven to the hospital and later found him being transferred to EMS personnel in the 300 block of Wellons St.
The victim, 31-year-old Carlton Holland, died of a gunshot wound to the upper chest at the hospital.
Anyone with information regarding this incident is asked to call the Crime Line at 1-888-Lock-U-Up.
- 2 million Facebook, Gmail and Twitter passwords stolen in massive hack, report says
- UPDATE: Train derailment near Princess Anne Road and Ballentine Blvd. in Norfolk
- Chesterfield teen charged with sexually abusing pregnant pit bull
- VB Navy SEAL arrested for selling military weapons, ammunition
- Dominion Blvd. emergency closure in place