Man arrested after firing gun into the air in Chesapeake
Chesapeake, Va. – Chesapeake police arrested a man Tuesday afternoon after they saw him fire a gun into the air in the 2900 block of Berkley Avenue.
54-year-old James Watkins was charged with Reckless Handling of a Firearm and Discharging a Firearm in Public.
Officers saw Watkins fire the gun into the air around 12:30 and then enter a home on Berkley Avenue.
Officers recovered the gun and took Watkins into custody without incident.
The investigation is ongoing.Submit Your Photo
- Prankster gives homeless man 'winning' lottery ticket
- Baby holds ‘Call Me Maybe’ sign for Army dad meeting her for the first time
- Father and son among three arrested in Kitty Hawk drug investigation
- Family, friends gather to remember two girls killed in Ahoskie fire; two others injured
- South Carolina mother drives van filled with kids into ocean