Rodanthe beach house destroyed overnight
Dare County, N.C. – A beach house on the Outer Banks was destroyed by the sea overnight.
The home is in Rodanthe at the end of Dean Avenue.
Dare County officials say the house started washing away Sunday night around 9 p.m.
No one was there at the time. Officials are still trying to figure out why the house collapsed.
- Who would bully military wives online?
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Naval Medical Center Portsmouth reopens after several threats force evacuations
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach