Rodanthe beach house destroyed overnight
Dare County, N.C. – A beach house on the Outer Banks was destroyed by the sea overnight.
The home is in Rodanthe at the end of Dean Avenue.
Dare County officials say the house started washing away Sunday night around 9 p.m.
No one was there at the time. Officials are still trying to figure out why the house collapsed.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- Girl receives over 200 stitches in her head after vicious pit bull attack in Newport News
- Slain officer's text messages will be evidence at murder trial
- Family says 22-pound cat held them hostage in their own home