Rodanthe beach house destroyed overnight
Dare County, N.C. – A beach house on the Outer Banks was destroyed by the sea overnight.
The home is in Rodanthe at the end of Dean Avenue.
Dare County officials say the house started washing away Sunday night around 9 p.m.
No one was there at the time. Officials are still trying to figure out why the house collapsed.
- UPDATE: Two more victims die overnight after fatal Sandbridge crash
- WATCH: Judge lashes out at convicted killer "I hope you die in prison"
- Two dead in homicide-suicide shooting in Virginia Beach
- USS Harry S. Truman Carrier Strike Group returns home
- Norfolk resident: 'They had my little stepson on the ground with the gun to his head'