Rodanthe beach house destroyed overnight
Dare County, N.C. – A beach house on the Outer Banks was destroyed by the sea overnight.
The home is in Rodanthe at the end of Dean Avenue.
Dare County officials say the house started washing away Sunday night around 9 p.m.
No one was there at the time. Officials are still trying to figure out why the house collapsed.
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Bond for mom who drove van filled with kids into ocean set at $1.2 million
- Owner of Chesapeake nail salon shot during robbery