Man dies after being hit by car in Virginia Beach
According to Virginia Beach police, a man died Saturday morning after being hit by a car.
It happened around 6:40 a.m. at the intersection of Virginia Beach Blvd and Aragona Blvd.
According to police, Tanner Glenn Douglas, Sr., 66, was crossing Virginia Beach Blvd when he was hit by a pick-up truck. Police say that at the time of the crash, it was dark and raining and Douglas was wearing dark clothing.
The driver remained on scene while Douglas was transported to the hospital where he later died.
The incident is under investigation. At this time, the driver is not facing charges.
- Family furious over reports of exploitation of Disney disability treatment
- Update: 42 sticks of dynamite found in Beach storage shed
- Two-vehicle collision causes gas station fire in Hampton
- Beach-based SEAL killed in Fort Knox training accident identified
- Pilothouse audio released from USS Porter's collision with supertanker