Retired General Norman Schwarzkopf dies at age 78
Retired General Norman Schwarzkopf died today at his home in Tampa, FL at age 78.
He gained national attention in 1991 when he led Operation Desert Storm, which liberated Kuwait after the Iraqi invasion, and gaining himself the nickname “Stormin’ Norman”.
- UPDATE: Two girls die after crash in Sandbridge, five others hospitalized
- UPDATE: Cargo ship runs aground in Virginia Beach; crews to start salvage plan Friday
- Rapper Andre Johnson severs penis, jumps off building, but survives
- Which Hampton Roads city is the cheapest for your family?
- Virginia Beach residents angered by early-morning reverse 911 call