Marines and Sailors will soon face random alcohol tests
Marines and Sailors will soon face random blood-alcohol content level tests.
Military officials say starting January 1, they will face the random tests twice per year.
Anyone with a level of .01 BAC level – the equivalent to a single drink – will be referred to counseling.
Anyone with a .04 BAC level will be sent to medical personnel to determine if they are fit for duty.
According to one study, binge drinking is increasing among military personnel in all branches of the military.
- Hampton man shoots suspected burglar who was hiding out inside barber shop closet
- Sailor's murals give the USS Theodore Roosevelt a splash of color
- Watch this: Massive Milwaukee highway pileup captured on video
- Suffolk mom targeted by online child porn scam
- Shot of the year? Roanoke high schooler makes incredible basket