Marines and Sailors will soon face random alcohol tests
Marines and Sailors will soon face random blood-alcohol content level tests.
Military officials say starting January 1, they will face the random tests twice per year.
Anyone with a level of .01 BAC level – the equivalent to a single drink – will be referred to counseling.
Anyone with a .04 BAC level will be sent to medical personnel to determine if they are fit for duty.
According to one study, binge drinking is increasing among military personnel in all branches of the military.
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Bond for mom who drove van filled with kids into ocean set at $1.2 million
- Owner of Chesapeake nail salon shot during robbery