Marines and Sailors will soon face random alcohol tests
Marines and Sailors will soon face random blood-alcohol content level tests.
Military officials say starting January 1, they will face the random tests twice per year.
Anyone with a level of .01 BAC level – the equivalent to a single drink – will be referred to counseling.
Anyone with a .04 BAC level will be sent to medical personnel to determine if they are fit for duty.
According to one study, binge drinking is increasing among military personnel in all branches of the military.
- UPDATE: Two more victims die overnight after fatal Sandbridge crash
- Rapper Andre Johnson severs penis, jumps off building, but survives
- WATCH: Judge lashes out at convicted killer "I hope you die in prison"
- Virginia Beach residents angered by early-morning reverse 911 call
- UPDATE: Crews free stuck cargo ship