HRBT meetings to discuss traffic problems
Hampton Roads, Va. – Officials tell NewsChannel 3 The Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) and the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) are conducting a study of the I-64 Hampton Roads Bridge Tunnel (HRBT) corridor from I-664 in Hampton to I-564 in Norfolk (approximately 11 miles).
The purpose of this study is to develop alternative solutions to address insufficient transportation capacity and correct roadway, bridge and tunnel deficiencies in the corridor.
The alternatives will be evaluated using several criteria including their potential environmental impacts. The final report, an Environmental Impact Statement (EIS), will be prepared using input from the public and from various state and federal agencies, in accordance with the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA).
- Cargo ship runs aground in high winds off Virginia Beach
- UPDATE: Police identify two children dead after multi-vehicle crash in Sandbridge
- Rapper Andre Johnson severs penis, jumps off building, but survives
- Which Hampton Roads city is the cheapest for your family?
- VIDEO: Why it's not a good idea to take selfies with moving trains