HRBT meetings to discuss traffic problems
Hampton Roads, Va. – Officials tell NewsChannel 3 The Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) and the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) are conducting a study of the I-64 Hampton Roads Bridge Tunnel (HRBT) corridor from I-664 in Hampton to I-564 in Norfolk (approximately 11 miles).
The purpose of this study is to develop alternative solutions to address insufficient transportation capacity and correct roadway, bridge and tunnel deficiencies in the corridor.
The alternatives will be evaluated using several criteria including their potential environmental impacts. The final report, an Environmental Impact Statement (EIS), will be prepared using input from the public and from various state and federal agencies, in accordance with the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA).
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- Girl receives over 200 stitches in her head after vicious pit bull attack in Newport News
- Slain officer's text messages will be evidence at murder trial
- Family says 22-pound cat held them hostage in their own home