HRBT meetings to discuss traffic problems
Hampton Roads, Va. – Officials tell NewsChannel 3 The Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) and the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) are conducting a study of the I-64 Hampton Roads Bridge Tunnel (HRBT) corridor from I-664 in Hampton to I-564 in Norfolk (approximately 11 miles).
The purpose of this study is to develop alternative solutions to address insufficient transportation capacity and correct roadway, bridge and tunnel deficiencies in the corridor.
The alternatives will be evaluated using several criteria including their potential environmental impacts. The final report, an Environmental Impact Statement (EIS), will be prepared using input from the public and from various state and federal agencies, in accordance with the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA).
- Sailor's murals give the USS Theodore Roosevelt a splash of color
- Hampton man shoots suspected burglar who was hiding out inside barber shop closet
- Store owner forgives thief who returned $300 samurai sword to his Beach business
- Shot of the year? Roanoke high schooler makes incredible basket
- Jeremy Mayfield’s $1.3 million mansion to be burned down