Virginia Beach man found shot to death
Virginia Beach, VA. - A 31-year-old man killed in the middle of the road on the street he lives on.
A trail of blood still coats the asphalt, right in front of Jane Gordon’s house.
“We answered the door, can we help you sir and ma’am?” Gordon said. “And he said your yard is a crime scene.”
Police were out Friday, after they had been on the scene until the early hours of Friday.
There was still a bit of possible evidence that was taken from the street.
“It’s kind of like watching a CSI crime scene evolve right in front of your house,” Gordon said.
The victim, Rafael Hernandez, lived on O’Hare Drive. Police are only saying that he was shot, but not how many times, or where on his body he was shot.
There is no description on the shooter.
“That’s the funny thing, neither one of us heard a thing last night and we should have with the gun shots going off as close as the house, they went off right across the street,” said Gordon.
- UPDATE: Two more victims die overnight after fatal Sandbridge crash
- WATCH: Judge lashes out at convicted killer "I hope you die in prison"
- One person rushed to hospital after double shooting in Virginia Beach
- USS Harry S. Truman Carrier Strike Group returns home
- Norfolk resident: 'They had my little stepson on the ground with the gun to his head'