Woman in wheelchair killed in parking lot accident
Virginia Beach, Va. – An elderly woman bound to a wheelchair has been killed in a vehicle accident in a shopping center parking lot.
Virginia Beach police say the crash happened on Christmas Eve in the Providence Square Shopping Center parking lot.
Police tell us that 74-year-old Dalisay Francisco was in the wheelchair with her husband outside of their vehicle in a parking space when the driver of a 2004 Jeep Cherokee, that was parked in front of them, lunged forward and pinned both of them between the two vehicles.
The driver of the Cherokee says his foot got entangled in the pedals which caused his vehicle to accelerate forward hitting the two victims.
Both victims were taken to the hospital. Francisco died from her injuries she received in the crash and her husband was treated and released.
Police are still investigating the incident and charges are pending at this time.
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Bond for mom who drove van filled with kids into ocean set at $1.2 million
- Virginia Beach teen killed in six-car crash on I-64 in Hampton