Police: Man uses rifle to rob bank in Norfolk
Norfolk, Va. – Norfolk police are looking for the man who robbed a Wells Fargo bank Wednesday.
It happened shortly before noon at the bank located at 1280 North Military Highway.
Police say a man walked in armed with a rifle and demanded money. Tellers gave him the money and he took off. Police say he was seen leaving in a blue Jeep Grand Cherokee.
Police say no one was injured.
Teresa Mitchell frequently banks at that location. She was surprised to learn that it was robbed, considering it’s located in a busy shopping area.
“I was really surprised when I came up and saw all of this. I mean because it’s so busy around here, you would never expect someone to come to this branch in particular with all these witnesses, that’s just crazy.”
If you’ve seen the man in the surveillance picture or know who he is, call the CrimeLine at 1-888-LOCK-U-UP. The bank will reopen Thursday morning for normal business hours.
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Kill Devil Hills man sentenced for 2012 beating, sexual assault of girlfriend
- Watch: Arizona pug takes on police K-9
- Man struck and killed by truck in Newport News; driver arrested