Local family has an unusual fruitcake tradition
Williamsburg, Va. - It’s the gift that keeps on giving. You probably will not be able to tell by how it looks, but a local family has a loaf of fruit cake that’s three decades old.
In its original 1980’s plastic wrapping and orange discount sticker still in place. What started off as a cooky gift, the colorful loaf has been passed back and forth between two Williamsburg couples every Christmas for the last 30 years. Over time the gifting has become more and more creative.
- Man shot and killed after pinning James City County police officer between cars
- FBI agent kills alleged friend of Boston bombers in Orlando
- Inside the Moore tornado: What it looked like from a storm shelter (Video)
- Update: Police officer kills man at Norfolk Wells Fargo; deceased suspect identified
- Woman and roommate accused of trying to cause miscarriage