Local family has an unusual fruitcake tradition
Williamsburg, Va. - It’s the gift that keeps on giving. You probably will not be able to tell by how it looks, but a local family has a loaf of fruit cake that’s three decades old.
In its original 1980’s plastic wrapping and orange discount sticker still in place. What started off as a cooky gift, the colorful loaf has been passed back and forth between two Williamsburg couples every Christmas for the last 30 years. Over time the gifting has become more and more creative.
- Prankster gives homeless man 'winning' lottery ticket
- Baby holds ‘Call Me Maybe’ sign for Army dad meeting her for the first time
- Father and son among three arrested in Kitty Hawk drug investigation
- Family, friends gather to remember two girls killed in Ahoskie fire
- South Carolina mother drives van filled with kids into ocean