Strange, likely cause of fire at Brentwood Self Storage
Chesapeake firefighters battled a 2-alarm fire at Brentwood Self Storage on George Washington Hwy on Saturday.
According to Captain Scott Saunders of the Chesapeake Fire Department, the fire started around 4:45pm in a unit, and quickly spread. It took firefighters hours to put the fire out completely.
Saunders says the fire was possibly related to a heat lamp plugged into an extension cord used to heat aquariums with six snakes inside.
Investigators believe the was accidental but an official ruling has not been determined.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Man wants ‘murder’ tattoo removed from neck before trial
- Victim's family angry after killer gets unsupervised leave