Alcohol regulations for Marines?
The Marines are adopting a tough policy on alcohol.
Starting next month – all members of the Marines will have to take a random breathalyzer test at least twice a year. That’s according to a story from newser.com.
Those who blow higher than a .01 – which is possible after a single drink – will get referred to counseling.
Those who blow a .04 or higher will have to see a doctor to figure out if they’re fit for duty.
No other branch has these tests – and they are tougher than laws that drivers face in many states.
This comes after a study revealed that binge drinking is on the rise in the Military.
What do you think about these new alcohol regulations for Marines?
- Store owner forgives thief who returned $300 samurai sword to his Beach business
- Jeremy Mayfield’s $1.3 million mansion to be burned down
- Update: Driver charged after Amtrak train from Norfolk hits car in Waverly
- "Katherine" the 14-foot-long shark could be headed to Virginia Beach
- Who wrote it -- man or woman? Take our handwriting quiz!