Missing man in Newport News considered to be in danger
Newport News, Va. – Newport News police are searching for a missing 25-year-old man by the name of Kelsey Jamere Wharton.
Police say Wharton is described as being a black male, about 5’10, weighing about 240 pounds with black hair and brown eyes.
Wharton was a resident at the Hilton Adult Home in the 300 block of Main Street. Wharton uses HRT buses for transportation, police say.
Police say Wharton takes medication for mental conditions and most likely does not have the medication with him. He has not been in contact with his family since December 4, 2012. He may be trying to make his way to relatives in Danville, Virginia, where he was raised. Police in Danville have been provided information pertaining to this case.
Officials tell NewsChannel 3 that Wharton has also expressed an interest in going to New York to contact the rapper “50 Cent”.
Due to Wharton’s mental issues and not having his medication, detectives consider him a missing and endangered person.
Anyone who may have information on Wharton’s whereabouts or who may see him is asked to call Police Communications at (757) 247-2500.
Police say Wharton’s hair is currently in cornrows.
Watch NewsChannel 3 for updates on this story.
- ‘Super’ exercise helps mom lose 110 pounds
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- The missing Malaysia Airlines flight: What we know and don’t know
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen
- ‘Little hero’ uses Facetime to save his mom