Retired Navy sailor pleads not guilty to attempted espionage charges
Norfolk, Va. - A retired Navy Cryptologist has pleaded not guilty to attempted espionage charges.
Robert Hoffman entered the plea during his arraignment in Norfolk Federal Court Wednesday morning.
Hoffman is charged with trying to sell secrets about U.S. submarines to the Russians. He asked for a trial by jury.
His attorney says he is ready to fight the charges.
Hoffman could face the death penalty.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Who would bully military wives online?
- Naval Medical Center Portsmouth reopens after several threats force evacuations