Retired Navy sailor pleads not guilty to attempted espionage charges
Norfolk, Va. - A retired Navy Cryptologist has pleaded not guilty to attempted espionage charges.
Robert Hoffman entered the plea during his arraignment in Norfolk Federal Court Wednesday morning.
Hoffman is charged with trying to sell secrets about U.S. submarines to the Russians. He asked for a trial by jury.
His attorney says he is ready to fight the charges.
Hoffman could face the death penalty.
- Store owner forgives thief who returned $300 samurai sword to his Beach business
- Jeremy Mayfield’s $1.3 million mansion to be burned down
- "Katherine" the 14-foot-long shark could be headed to Virginia Beach
- Update: Driver charged after Amtrak train from Norfolk hits car in Waverly
- Who wrote it -- man or woman? Take our handwriting quiz!