Retired Navy sailor pleads not guilty to attempted espionage charges
Norfolk, Va. - A retired Navy Cryptologist has pleaded not guilty to attempted espionage charges.
Robert Hoffman entered the plea during his arraignment in Norfolk Federal Court Wednesday morning.
Hoffman is charged with trying to sell secrets about U.S. submarines to the Russians. He asked for a trial by jury.
His attorney says he is ready to fight the charges.
Hoffman could face the death penalty.
- Prankster gives homeless man 'winning' lottery ticket
- Baby holds ‘Call Me Maybe’ sign for Army dad meeting her for the first time
- Father and son among three arrested in Kitty Hawk drug investigation
- Family, friends gather to remember two girls killed in Ahoskie fire; two others injured
- South Carolina mother drives van filled with kids into ocean