Group fighting against tunnel tolls headed to court
Those trying to put a stop to tolls at the Downtown and Midtown tunnels will be heading to court today.
The lawsuit was filed by the group “Citizens Against Unfair Tolls” back in June in Portsmouth Circuit Court.
Folks are trying to stop VDOT and Elizabeth River Crossings from moving forward with their plan to toll drivers in both tunnels.
VDOT and ERC tried to move the case to federal court in August, but a judge there decided it didn’t fit their jurisdiction, and sent it back to Portsmouth Circuit Civil Court in November.
- ‘Super’ exercise helps mom lose 110 pounds
- The missing Malaysia Airlines flight: What we know and don’t know
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen
- ‘Little hero’ uses Facetime to save his mom