Group fighting against tunnel tolls headed to court
Those trying to put a stop to tolls at the Downtown and Midtown tunnels will be heading to court today.
The lawsuit was filed by the group “Citizens Against Unfair Tolls” back in June in Portsmouth Circuit Court.
Folks are trying to stop VDOT and Elizabeth River Crossings from moving forward with their plan to toll drivers in both tunnels.
VDOT and ERC tried to move the case to federal court in August, but a judge there decided it didn’t fit their jurisdiction, and sent it back to Portsmouth Circuit Civil Court in November.
- Store owner forgives thief who returned $300 samurai sword to his Beach business
- UPDATE: "Katherine" the Great White Shark spotted in the surf off Kitty Hawk
- Jeremy Mayfield’s $1.3 million mansion to be burned down
- Some mail sent to sailors aboard the USS Harry S. Truman was lost at sea
- Update: Driver charged after Amtrak train from Norfolk hits car in Waverly