Group fighting against tunnel tolls headed to court
Those trying to put a stop to tolls at the Downtown and Midtown tunnels will be heading to court today.
The lawsuit was filed by the group “Citizens Against Unfair Tolls” back in June in Portsmouth Circuit Court.
Folks are trying to stop VDOT and Elizabeth River Crossings from moving forward with their plan to toll drivers in both tunnels.
VDOT and ERC tried to move the case to federal court in August, but a judge there decided it didn’t fit their jurisdiction, and sent it back to Portsmouth Circuit Civil Court in November.
- Mom forces bullying daughter to don thrift store threads
- Two FBI agents killed in training accident in Virginia Beach
- Man dragged under car for four miles in James City County
- $1 Million Powerball ticket sold in Virginia
- BREAKING: Officer shoots, kills suspect at Wells Fargo in Norfolk; another suspect in custody