Man wanted in First Colonial Road bank robbery
Virginia Beach, Va. – Beach police are now searching for a suspect wanted for an armed bank robbery.
On Friday, December 14, 2012, at approximately 11:42 a.m., Virginia Beach Emergency Communications received a call for a bank robbery at the BB&T bank located at 930 First Colonial Road.
Police say the caller reported that a man had entered the bank, displayed a black handgun, and demanded money. The teller complied and handed him an undisclosed amount of money. The suspect ran away from the bank in an unknown direction. No one was injured during the robbery.
The suspect is described as a black male, over 6’0 tall, wearing a black hooded sweatshirt, jeans, white tennis shoes, and black sunglasses.
Anyone with information about this crime is encouraged to call the Virginia Beach Crime Solvers Office at 1-888-LOCK-U-UP (562-5887). Callers remain anonymous and are eligible to receive a cash reward of up to $1,000 if their information leads to an arrest.
This case remains under investigation. Stay with NewsChannel 3 for updates.Submit Your Photo
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Kill Devil Hills man sentenced for 2012 beating, sexual assault of girlfriend
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car