Student facing charges after unloaded shotgun, knife found at Kempsville High
Virginia Beach, Va. – A student is now facing charges after officials say they found a gun and a knife at Kempsville High School.
On Friday, there was a rumor that there would be a possible shooting at Kempsville High School posted on Twitter according to students. Police presence was increased and it was investigated and found to be false. The student who started the rumor was identified and officials are dealing with the situation.
On Tuesday, security officers found an unloaded shotgun, knife and other hunting equipment in a student’s car. School security was conducting regular sweeps of the school parking lot and during that time, they made the discovery.
Students find gun on Virginia Beach school’s playground
Loaded gun found at Newport News middle school
Sales skyrocket for company’s bulletproof backpacks and kids’ body armor
Officials: Student brings BB gun to Beach elementary school
Officials say the student told them he went on a hunting trip over the weekend and forgot to take the equipment out.
The student is now facing charges.
Parents were sent an automated phone alert.
- 339 gallons of moonshine, 18 weapons seized from Danville ranch
- Home invasion, then a break-in at Chesapeake home
- Facebook comments may have led to at least one of the Eastern Shore arsons
- Portsmouth man accused of assaulting woman, leaving infant in woods
- Hampton man who died after being placed in emergency custody identified