Should teachers be armed in schools?
Teachers carrying guns in school – would it make classrooms safer?
In one school district in Texas – teachers are allowed to carry guns to class every day.
District leaders call this the guardian rule. The superintendent says he stands behind this rule.
Superintendent David Thweatt thinks teachers, armed with a gun, will prevent a school shooting. So they decided to adopt the “Guardian Plan” back in 2007.
It has a few components – but essentially all teachers with a concealed handgun license – are allowed to carry a gun to school with them.
What do you think about this policy?
- Hampton Roads veterans still waiting up to 30 months for disability claims
- You're eating more calories than you think
- Dolphins surf new submarine's bow wave (video)
- Beach stabbing victim: 'The knife was just in my back, like a ninja' (Video)
- College student from Yorktown wins $1 million lottery prize