Should teachers be armed in schools?
Teachers carrying guns in school – would it make classrooms safer?
In one school district in Texas – teachers are allowed to carry guns to class every day.
District leaders call this the guardian rule. The superintendent says he stands behind this rule.
Superintendent David Thweatt thinks teachers, armed with a gun, will prevent a school shooting. So they decided to adopt the “Guardian Plan” back in 2007.
It has a few components – but essentially all teachers with a concealed handgun license – are allowed to carry a gun to school with them.
What do you think about this policy?
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- ‘Super’ exercise helps mom lose 110 pounds
- The missing Malaysia Airlines flight: What we know and don’t know
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen