Don’t Waste Your Money: Toyota to pay over 17 million after taking too long to issue recall
Toyota will pay more than 17 million dollars after taking too long to issue a recall.
In June, Toyota recalled two Lexus models because the gas pedal could get trapped by a loose floor mat.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration said they should have issued the recall sooner.
This is the fourth fine Toyota has paid in the last two years.
Toyota has also agreed to improve its procedures for tracking and reporting complaints about defects.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- ‘Super’ exercise helps mom lose 110 pounds
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- The missing Malaysia Airlines flight: What we know and don’t know
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen