Gunmen still on the loose who shot two men outside Chesapeake Christmas party
“They were scared, crying, everything was hectic.”
The cups strewn on the porch–normal for the day after a Christmas party, but it’s the crime scene tape, and the bullet holes still visible in the door frame that catch your attention in this Dominion Pines neighborhood.
It’s the last thing residents expected from their neighbor’s annual Christmas bash.
“I just saw everybody running out the door, screaming up the streets, just going crazy out of shock,” said a next-door neighbor who didn’t want to be identified.
The shots weren’t fired from anybody at the party, according to police–they say the gunfire came from two unknown men, completely unrelated to the festivities going on.
Police say the two men were running around the corner, one shooting at the other, and that’s when the homeowner told NewsChannel 3 her two guests standing on that porch got caught in the middle.
Bullets hit two men: one 61-years-old, the other 24-years-old.
Police say both party guests were taken to Sentara Norfolk General, but their injuries did not appear to be life threatening.
As for the two unknown men who violently crashed the party…
“They just shot, ran away, and nobody thought of chasing them.”
Police are still trying to figure out who those two men are, so if you have any information, just call the CrimeLine at 1-888-LOCK-U-UP.
- UPDATE: Two girls die after crash in Sandbridge, five others hospitalized
- Rapper Andre Johnson severs penis, jumps off building, but survives
- Which Hampton Roads city is the cheapest for your family?
- Virginia Beach residents angered by early-morning reverse 911 call
- The real story behind the ‘train selfie’ and the man kicked in head by ‘conductor’