Two people injured in Virginia Beach apartment fire
Virginia Beach, VA. – Two people were taken to the hospital after an early morning apartment fire in Virginia Beach.
Firefighters say the fire started just after 3 a.m. at the Linkhorn Bay Apartments in the 500 block of Pine Song Lane.
Firefighters arrived on scene and found heavy smoke and flames coming from the apartment building. A second alarm was immediately called.
One female victim was rushed to the hospital with severe burns over her body and another male victim was transported for a broken leg.
It took firefighters almost an hour to put out the fire.
The fire has damaged 12 apartments. Firefighters say 22 people are displaced. Red Cross is on scene this morning to help those affected by the fire.
Firefighters say the cause of the fire was due to improperly discarded smoking material a second floor balcony.Submit Your Photo
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Bond for mom who drove van filled with kids into ocean set at $1.2 million
- Owner of Chesapeake nail salon shot during robbery