More fires reported on the Eastern Shore
Virginia State Police Bureau of Criminal Investigation Agents were called to an abandoned residential structure fire Sunday in Accomack County.
According to state police, the fire was in the 30000 block of Withams Road in Oak Hall, Va.
Police say arson is suspected.
A second blaze was reported at the corner of Hope and Dennis Drive, in Accomack County. That fire caused minor property damage and state police have not determined yet if it is an arson.
Over the past month, there have been more than two dozen fires at abandoned buildings on the Eastern Shore.
State police say most of them were arson. They have not identified any suspects or motives, but police believe most of the fires are connected.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- ‘Super’ exercise helps mom lose 110 pounds
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- The missing Malaysia Airlines flight: What we know and don’t know
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen