Poquoson teen killed, two others hurt in accident in Goochland County
A teenager from Poquoson was killed and two others were hurt in an accident in Goochland County Friday night.
The Virginia State police says Rhys Ritter, 18, was driving on Interstate 64 with two other teens when the SUV they were traveling in went off the roadway and overturned.
One of the other two teens in the vehicle, a 17-year-old, was severely injured and taken to a nearby hospital. The third teen, an 18-year-old, received minor injuries.
All three teens were seniors at Poquoson High School. The senior class will be holding a candlelight vigil for the teens at the school Sunday night at 7:30 p.m.
- Prankster gives homeless man 'winning' lottery ticket
- Baby holds ‘Call Me Maybe’ sign for Army dad meeting her for the first time
- Father and son among three arrested in Kitty Hawk drug investigation
- Family, friends gather to remember two girls killed in Ahoskie fire
- South Carolina mother drives van filled with kids into ocean