Poquoson teen killed, two others hurt in accident in Goochland County
A teenager from Poquoson was killed and two others were hurt in an accident in Goochland County Friday night.
The Virginia State police says Rhys Ritter, 18, was driving on Interstate 64 with two other teens when the SUV they were traveling in went off the roadway and overturned.
One of the other two teens in the vehicle, a 17-year-old, was severely injured and taken to a nearby hospital. The third teen, an 18-year-old, received minor injuries.
All three teens were seniors at Poquoson High School. The senior class will be holding a candlelight vigil for the teens at the school Sunday night at 7:30 p.m.
- UPDATE: Two more victims die overnight after fatal Sandbridge crash
- WATCH: Judge lashes out at convicted killer "I hope you die in prison"
- One person rushed to hospital after double shooting in Virginia Beach
- USS Harry S. Truman Carrier Strike Group returns home
- Norfolk resident: 'They had my little stepson on the ground with the gun to his head'