Gas prices to hit lowest levels for 2012
If you’ve driven around Hampton Roads or North Carolina lately, you may have noticed gas was a little cheaper. Thanks to supplies being replenished after a supply shortage and refiners switching to cheaper winter fuels, gas will soon be at their lowest levels of the year.
However, Americans will spend a record amount on gas for the second year in a row. Over 93 million people will travel at least 50 miles between December 22nd and January 1st. Gas consumption is expected to reach 8.7 million barrels per day this year, the lowest level since 2001.
Experts predict gas prices next year will stay below $4 per gallon, at $3.43, the lowest price since 2010.
- Store owner forgives thief who returned $300 samurai sword to his Beach business
- Jeremy Mayfield’s $1.3 million mansion to be burned down
- Update: Driver charged after Amtrak train from Norfolk hits car in Waverly
- "Katherine" the 14-foot-long shark could be headed to Virginia Beach
- Who wrote it -- man or woman? Take our handwriting quiz!