Should feeding pets outside be illegal?
BARBERTON, Ohio – (WTKR) A ‘cat fight’ is brewing in Ohio – over a proposed ordinance that would make it a crime to feed your pet outside at night. That’s according to Fox8.com in Cleveland, Ohio.
According to the story, the proposed ordinace would make it illegal even on your own property, unless the animal is in an enclosed pen.
Violators will receive a $50 fine for the misdemeanor.
Some feel the ‘animal feed nuisance prevention’ ordinance is an attack on people who feed stray cats. The mayor of the town says feeding pets outside attracts unwanted animals like raccoons, possums, and skunks.
The council votes on the issue next week.
- ‘Super’ exercise helps mom lose 110 pounds
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- The missing Malaysia Airlines flight: What we know and don’t know
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen
- ‘Little hero’ uses Facetime to save his mom