Should feeding pets outside be illegal?
BARBERTON, Ohio – (WTKR) A ‘cat fight’ is brewing in Ohio – over a proposed ordinance that would make it a crime to feed your pet outside at night. That’s according to Fox8.com in Cleveland, Ohio.
According to the story, the proposed ordinace would make it illegal even on your own property, unless the animal is in an enclosed pen.
Violators will receive a $50 fine for the misdemeanor.
Some feel the ‘animal feed nuisance prevention’ ordinance is an attack on people who feed stray cats. The mayor of the town says feeding pets outside attracts unwanted animals like raccoons, possums, and skunks.
The council votes on the issue next week.
- 2 million Facebook, Gmail and Twitter passwords stolen in massive hack, report says
- UPDATE: Train derailment near Princess Anne Road and Ballentine Blvd. in Norfolk
- Chesterfield teen charged with sexually abusing pregnant pit bull
- Dominion Blvd. emergency closure in place
- Police investigating after man claiming workers' comp treated day before for sports injury