NC 12 four-wheel drive access closed due to overwash
RALEIGH – Four-wheel drive access on Pea Island along N.C. 12 is closed this morning due to overwash on the roadway caused by high tide. It will remain closed until the water recedes and crews have the chance to assess any possible damage to the temporary roadway.
Motorists are urged to “know before you go” about traffic conditions along the Outer Banks. For real-time travel information at any time, call 511, visit http://www.ncdot.gov/travel or follow NCDOT on Twitter at http://www.ncdot.gov/travel/twitter/.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Grandma charged after leaving 6 young grandchildren alone in motel
- Norfolk Airport holds auction for items from lost and found