NC 12 four-wheel drive access closed due to overwash
RALEIGH – Four-wheel drive access on Pea Island along N.C. 12 is closed this morning due to overwash on the roadway caused by high tide. It will remain closed until the water recedes and crews have the chance to assess any possible damage to the temporary roadway.
Motorists are urged to “know before you go” about traffic conditions along the Outer Banks. For real-time travel information at any time, call 511, visit http://www.ncdot.gov/travel or follow NCDOT on Twitter at http://www.ncdot.gov/travel/twitter/.
- Prankster gives homeless man 'winning' lottery ticket
- Baby holds ‘Call Me Maybe’ sign for Army dad meeting her for the first time
- Father and son among three arrested in Kitty Hawk drug investigation
- Family, friends gather to remember two girls killed in Ahoskie fire; two others injured
- South Carolina mother drives van filled with kids into ocean