NC 12 four-wheel drive access closed due to overwash
RALEIGH – Four-wheel drive access on Pea Island along N.C. 12 is closed this morning due to overwash on the roadway caused by high tide. It will remain closed until the water recedes and crews have the chance to assess any possible damage to the temporary roadway.
Motorists are urged to “know before you go” about traffic conditions along the Outer Banks. For real-time travel information at any time, call 511, visit http://www.ncdot.gov/travel or follow NCDOT on Twitter at http://www.ncdot.gov/travel/twitter/.
- Sailor's murals give the USS Theodore Roosevelt a splash of color
- Hampton man shoots suspected burglar who was hiding out inside barber shop closet
- Store owner forgives thief who returned $300 samurai sword to his Beach business
- Shot of the year? Roanoke high schooler makes incredible basket
- Watch this: Massive Milwaukee highway pileup captured on video