NC 12 four-wheel drive access closed due to overwash
RALEIGH – Four-wheel drive access on Pea Island along N.C. 12 is closed this morning due to overwash on the roadway caused by high tide. It will remain closed until the water recedes and crews have the chance to assess any possible damage to the temporary roadway.
Motorists are urged to “know before you go” about traffic conditions along the Outer Banks. For real-time travel information at any time, call 511, visit http://www.ncdot.gov/travel or follow NCDOT on Twitter at http://www.ncdot.gov/travel/twitter/.
- Hampton Roads veterans still waiting up to 30 months for disability claims
- You're eating more calories than you think
- Dolphins surf new submarine's bow wave (video)
- Beach stabbing victim: 'The knife was just in my back, like a ninja' (Video)
- College student from Yorktown wins $1 million lottery prize