Student hit by car while crossing near Tallwood High School
Virginia Beach, Va. – A student was hospitalized Wednesday morning after being hit by a car while trying to cross the street.
It happened near Tallwood High School at the intersection of Kempsville Road and Lion’s Way. At 6:51 a.m., police say the student attempted to cross the street before school zone flashing lights became active, which would have reduced the speed limit from 45 mph to 25 mph. Northbound traffic had the green light; the student attempted to cross, and was hit.
Police say the student was transported to a local hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
All lanes are now open on Kempsville Road.
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Bond for mom who drove van filled with kids into ocean set at $1.2 million
- Owner of Chesapeake nail salon shot during robbery