Student hit by car while crossing near Tallwood High School
Virginia Beach, Va. – A student was hospitalized Wednesday morning after being hit by a car while trying to cross the street.
It happened near Tallwood High School at the intersection of Kempsville Road and Lion’s Way. At 6:51 a.m., police say the student attempted to cross the street before school zone flashing lights became active, which would have reduced the speed limit from 45 mph to 25 mph. Northbound traffic had the green light; the student attempted to cross, and was hit.
Police say the student was transported to a local hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
All lanes are now open on Kempsville Road.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Norfolk Airport holds auction for items from lost and found
- Grandma charged after leaving 6 young grandchildren alone in motel