Student hit by car while crossing near Tallwood High School
Virginia Beach, Va. – A student was hospitalized Wednesday morning after being hit by a car while trying to cross the street.
It happened near Tallwood High School at the intersection of Kempsville Road and Lion’s Way. At 6:51 a.m., police say the student attempted to cross the street before school zone flashing lights became active, which would have reduced the speed limit from 45 mph to 25 mph. Northbound traffic had the green light; the student attempted to cross, and was hit.
Police say the student was transported to a local hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
All lanes are now open on Kempsville Road.
- Cargo ship runs aground in high winds off Virginia Beach
- UPDATE: Police identify two children dead after multi-vehicle crash in Sandbridge
- Rapper Andre Johnson severs penis, jumps off building, but survives
- Which Hampton Roads city is the cheapest for your family?
- Virginia Beach residents angered by early-morning reverse 911 call