Report: VDOT employee reprimanded for calling drivers “stupid”
RICHMOND, Va. (WTKR) – According to a recent report from WTVR in Richmond, Virginia, a traffic operator employed by VDOT is now under fire for some comments made to a state police dispatcher.
When traffic on Interstate 95 in Richmond was at a standstill last week, with all but one lane closed, calls to 911 dispatch started pouring in after a metal plate shifted over the Robin Hood Road Bridge and damaged several cars.
According to reports, when a State Police dispatcher called the Richmond Traffic Operations Center to notify them about the problem, the traffic operator responded like this:
“There is a sign there that says ‘bump’, but people are still sailing through there at 70+ m.p.h., but there is really not a lot you can do for stupid.”
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Bond for mom who drove van filled with kids into ocean set at $1.2 million
- Owner of Chesapeake nail salon shot during robbery