Woman charged for attempting to give contraband to Newport News inmate
Newport News, Va. – Police tell NewsChannel 3 a woman has been charged for trying to provide contraband to a Newport News City Farm inmate.
Police say on December 8, 2012, at 12:30 p.m., officers responded to the Newport News City Farm in reference to a woman detained for bringing contraband into the prison.
City Farm staff told police they saw the woman dumping cigarettes, a cell phone, and bottles of suspected ‘spice’ into the dumpster on the prison grounds.
Police investigated, and found that the suspect was leaving the items for an inmate to pick up. The contraband was confiscated. Police arrested 39-year-old Karin Ann Cosgro of the 100 block of Lochaven Drive in Newport News.
Stay with NewsChannel 3 for updates on this story as they become available.
- Watch this: Massive Milwaukee highway pileup captured on video
- Suffolk mom targeted by online child porn scam
- Couple calls 911 after they don't get hash brown order at McDonald's
- Hampton man shoots suspected burglar who was hiding out inside barber shop closet
- Accident involving school bus reported near Oceana Blvd.