Update: Man killed in drive-by shooting in Newport News now identified
Newport News, Va.–One man is dead after he was killed in a drive-by shooting on Tuesday according to police.
They say calls came in at around 2:41 p.m. about shots fired on 19th Street and Buxton Avenue.
When units arrived, they say they found a man lying in front of White’s Grocery store suffering from a gunshot wound.
48-year-old Everett Harrison of the 400 block of Alleghany Road was pronounced dead at the scene.
Witness told police they heard several gunshots and they also saw a gunmetal blue sedan.
Police do not believe that Harrison was an intended target.
Police are still investigating this case.
If you have any information that could help police, please call the Crime Line at 1-888-LOCK-U-UP.
- Prankster gives homeless man 'winning' lottery ticket
- Baby holds ‘Call Me Maybe’ sign for Army dad meeting her for the first time
- Father and son among three arrested in Kitty Hawk drug investigation
- Family, friends gather to remember two girls killed in Ahoskie fire; two others injured
- South Carolina mother drives van filled with kids into ocean