Last Twinkies hit store shelves
If you have friends in Chicago you might have a shot at the very last Twinkies.
NBC reports that the final shipment from the Twinkies plant in Columbus, Ga. was set to arrive in Chicago-area Jewel-Osco supermarkets Tuesday morning.
Over 20,000 boxes were in the last shipment, and no more will be made if/when the brand is bought in bankruptcy proceedings and restarted.
Until then lovers of the creme-filled treats will have to turn to secondary markets like eBay or Craigslist to get their fix.
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Prankster gives homeless man 'winning' lottery ticket
- Elizabeth City's "Operation Double Down" cracks down on illegal drug sales
- Baby holds ‘Call Me Maybe’ sign for Army dad meeting her for the first time