Hampton man wanted for fatal car crash in JCC
Police are looking for 37-year-old Gary Jerome Turner.
Turner was indicted by a jury in May for a fatal car crash that happened in August in which a 14-year-old died.
Turner has been charged on a 7-count indictment of maiming while DWI, two counts of involuntary manslaughter, two counts of child neglect and improper brakes.
Police say the fatal crash involved two vehicles and happened around 8:05 p.m. in the 1300 block of John Tyler Highway in James City County.
Turner was driving a 1997 Ford minivan west on John Tyler when he lost control and ran off of the road.
Police say the vehicle rolled a few times and hit a dump truck that was traveling east. The driver of the truck was transported with non-life-threatening injuries.
Police say there were seven people in the minivan including children ranging from 2 months to 17 years of age.
The 14-year-old was pronounced dead at the scene. Police say the teen, Brashawnta Brooks, was the nephew of Turner’s girlfriend who was also in the car during the accident.
The others were transported for their injuries.
Police say Turner is about 5’10” tall, 165 pounds, and he has black hair and brown eyes.
His last known address is on Andrews Blvd. in Hampton.
If you have any information about Turner that can help police, call the Crime Line at 1-888-LOCK-U-UP.
- Update: Police officer kills man at Norfolk Wells Fargo; deceased suspect identified
- Mom forces bullying daughter to don thrift store threads
- Man shot and killed after pinning James City County police officer between two cars
- Virginia Beach man charged with wife's murder
- Two-mile-wide tornado kills at least 51, including 7 elementary school students