Gilmerton Bridge closure this weekend
CHESAPEAKE - The Gilmerton Bridge (Route 13/Military Highway) in Chesapeake will close to all vehicular traffic this weekend beginning Friday, Dec. 14, at 8 p.m. through Monday, Dec. 17, at 5 a.m. for construction activities relating to the Gilmerton Bridge Replacement Project.
The bridge closures will not affect marine traffic.
Motorists should be advised that the Gilmerton Bridge is also closed weeknights, Sunday through Thursday, closing each night at 8 p.m. and opening each morning by 5 a.m.
Motorists are encouraged to use the Interstate 64 High Rise Bridge as the preferred alternate route. In addition, the new South Norfolk Jordan Bridge in Chesapeake can be used as a tolled alternate route. For more information about this new option, visit www.snjb.net.
General information about the Gilmerton Bridge Replacement Project can be found at www.GilmertonBridge.org. For current traffic and travel information, motorists can also visit www.va511.org, call 511, or listen to Highway Advisory Radio (HAR) 1680 AM.
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Kill Devil Hills man sentenced for 2012 beating, sexual assault of girlfriend
- Watch: Arizona pug takes on police K-9
- Elizabeth City's "Operation Double Down" cracks down on illegal drug sales