Beach council votes to continue to pursue idea to fund sports arena
The Beach will move forward with the idea to fund a major sporting arena.
At Tuesday night’s council meeting, the body decided to go ahead with a plan to endorse pursuing a deal with Comcast-Spectator.
But the yes vote came in spite of some disapproval from the public including the head of the Beach Fire Fighters Union and an outspoken high school student.
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Kill Devil Hills man sentenced for 2012 beating, sexual assault of girlfriend
- Watch: Arizona pug takes on police K-9
- Elizabeth City's "Operation Double Down" cracks down on illegal drug sales