Public meeting held on proposed I-95 tolls
On Monday night, VDOT got an earful even before its first public meeting on proposed tolls on I-95.
Opponents say the 4 to 12 dollar charge is more than their towns can handle.
Two more meetings are planned over the next few weeks.
VDOT is also holding hearings this week on tolls and improvements on Interstate 64 on the Peninsula.
The first meeting is set for tomorrow at Bruton High School in Williamsburg.
A second meeting at the City Center in Newport News will take place Wednesday night.
Both meetings will run from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Hampton man shoots suspected burglar who was hiding out inside barber shop closet
- Sailor's murals give the USS Theodore Roosevelt a splash of color
- Watch this: Massive Milwaukee highway pileup captured on video
- Suffolk mom targeted by online child porn scam
- Couple calls 911 after they don't get hash brown order at McDonald's