Public meeting held on proposed I-95 tolls
On Monday night, VDOT got an earful even before its first public meeting on proposed tolls on I-95.
Opponents say the 4 to 12 dollar charge is more than their towns can handle.
Two more meetings are planned over the next few weeks.
VDOT is also holding hearings this week on tolls and improvements on Interstate 64 on the Peninsula.
The first meeting is set for tomorrow at Bruton High School in Williamsburg.
A second meeting at the City Center in Newport News will take place Wednesday night.
Both meetings will run from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Bond for mom who drove van filled with kids into ocean set at $1.2 million
- Owner of Chesapeake nail salon shot during robbery