Man sentenced in brutal beating of Suffolk police officer
Suffolk, Va. – The man who nearly beat a police officer to death earlier this year was sentenced today.
On Monday, December 10, 2012, Joe Staton was sentenced to life in prison, plus 40 years.
Joe Staton brutally beat Suffolk police officer James Winslow during a traffic stop back in May.
Staton was pulled over for driving a stolen SUV. He ran off – and Officer Winslow chased him into the woods where the attack happened.
Staton avoided attempted capital murder charges as part of a plea deal.
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Kill Devil Hills man sentenced for 2012 beating, sexual assault of girlfriend
- Watch: Arizona pug takes on police K-9
- Man struck and killed by truck in Newport News; driver arrested