Langley AFB units will conduct base-level exercise this week
LANGLEY AIR FORCE BASE, Va. – Langley Air Force Base units will conduct a base-wide exercise from Dec. 11 to 14.
The exercise is designed to improve the base’s preparedness for multiple emergency situations and demonstrate the ability to deploy and operate in a foreign environment.
During the exercise, community members will hear explosions and see smoke from simulated munitions, as well as hear various sirens and announcements from the base Public Address (PA) system.
Individuals visiting or working on base should anticipate traffic delays and plan accordingly.
For more information, call the 633rd Air Base Wing Public Affairs office at (757) 764-5701.
- 2 million Facebook, Gmail and Twitter passwords stolen in massive hack, report says
- VB Navy SEAL arrested for selling military weapons, ammunition
- UPDATE: Train derailment near Princess Anne Road and Ballentine Blvd. in Norfolk
- Chesterfield teen charged with sexually abusing pregnant pit bull
- Video: Utah Jazz mascot gets revenge on fan who poured beer over his head