Man to be sentenced in Suffolk officer’s attack
NewsChannel has learned Joe Staton is scheduled to be sentenced in Suffolk on Monday for nearly beating a Suffolk police officer to death.
Back in May, Officer James Winslow pulled Staton over because he was driving a stolen car.
Staton took off running and, after a foot chase, he attacked Officer Winslow, causing him to have very bad head injuries.
Staton now faces a life sentence plus an aditional 120 years in prison.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Man wants ‘murder’ tattoo removed from neck before trial
- Victim's family angry after killer gets unsupervised leave