Man to be sentenced in Suffolk officer’s attack
NewsChannel has learned Joe Staton is scheduled to be sentenced in Suffolk on Monday for nearly beating a Suffolk police officer to death.
Back in May, Officer James Winslow pulled Staton over because he was driving a stolen car.
Staton took off running and, after a foot chase, he attacked Officer Winslow, causing him to have very bad head injuries.
Staton now faces a life sentence plus an aditional 120 years in prison.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- ‘Super’ exercise helps mom lose 110 pounds
- The missing Malaysia Airlines flight: What we know and don’t know
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen