Man to be sentenced in Suffolk officer’s attack
NewsChannel has learned Joe Staton is scheduled to be sentenced in Suffolk on Monday for nearly beating a Suffolk police officer to death.
Back in May, Officer James Winslow pulled Staton over because he was driving a stolen car.
Staton took off running and, after a foot chase, he attacked Officer Winslow, causing him to have very bad head injuries.
Staton now faces a life sentence plus an aditional 120 years in prison.
- Chesterfield teen charged with sexually abusing pregnant pit bull
- Man accused of stealing from dying friend now a fugitive
- 2 million Facebook, Gmail and Twitter passwords stolen in massive hack, report says
- Police investigating after man claiming workers' comp treated day before for sports injury
- Officials discuss plans to repair closed Bonner Bridge