Bizarre creature discovered in ancient cocoon
(WTVR) – Scientists worked to identify a recently discovered “bizarre animal” trapped 200 million years ago in a slimy cocoon, reported LiveScience.
“The cocoon with the such-enclosed bell animal then was deposited in mud that over time turned into the sedimentary layer where we found it some 200 million years later,” study researcher Benjamin Bomfleur told LiveScience.
- Community helps family who lost father while treating two kids with cancer
- Portsmouth man accused of assaulting woman, leaving infant in woods
- Home invasion, then a break-in at Chesapeake home
- Three from Hampton Roads indicted in 7-Eleven immigration raids
- Woman sentenced to death set to walk free, go shopping with victim's grandson