Bizarre creature discovered in ancient cocoon
(WTVR) – Scientists worked to identify a recently discovered “bizarre animal” trapped 200 million years ago in a slimy cocoon, reported LiveScience.
“The cocoon with the such-enclosed bell animal then was deposited in mud that over time turned into the sedimentary layer where we found it some 200 million years later,” study researcher Benjamin Bomfleur told LiveScience.
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Kill Devil Hills man sentenced for 2012 beating, sexual assault of girlfriend