Wakefield man charged for sex crimes with child
Southampton Co., Va. – A Wakefield man is now behind bars after police arrested and charged him with sex crimes with a child.
30-year-old Chris Holt of Wakefield was arrested for aggravated sexual battery on a juvenile female that occurred in September of 2007 in the Ivor area of the county.
Southampton Sheriff’s Office officials say the investigation began when the complaint was made – on November 29, 2012.
Holt is not related to the victim, according to Gene Drewery of the Southampton Sheriff’s Office. He remains in jail with no bond.
Details will be released when they become available.
- Sailor's murals give the USS Theodore Roosevelt a splash of color
- Store owner forgives thief who returned $300 samurai sword to his Beach business
- Hampton man shoots suspected burglar who was hiding out inside barber shop closet
- Jeremy Mayfield’s $1.3 million mansion to be burned down
- Shot of the year? Roanoke high schooler makes incredible basket