Wakefield man charged for sex crimes with child
Southampton Co., Va. – A Wakefield man is now behind bars after police arrested and charged him with sex crimes with a child.
30-year-old Chris Holt of Wakefield was arrested for aggravated sexual battery on a juvenile female that occurred in September of 2007 in the Ivor area of the county.
Southampton Sheriff’s Office officials say the investigation began when the complaint was made – on November 29, 2012.
Holt is not related to the victim, according to Gene Drewery of the Southampton Sheriff’s Office. He remains in jail with no bond.
Details will be released when they become available.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- Girl receives over 200 stitches in her head after vicious pit bull attack in Newport News
- Slain officer's text messages will be evidence at murder trial
- Family says 22-pound cat held them hostage in their own home