Video: Giant catfish hunt pigeons on land
The largest freshwater fish in Europe is the European Catfish, which can grow up 1.5 meters long. In one French river the invasive species has learned to hunt pigeons on land, according to a story in Discover Magazines ‘Not Exactly Rocket Science’ blog.
“These particular catfish have taken to lunging out of the water, grabbing a pigeon, and then wriggling back into the water to swallow their prey. In the process, they temporarily strand themselves on land for a few seconds.”
- 339 gallons of moonshine, 18 weapons seized from Danville ranch
- Two charged after children found in padlocked camper in deplorable conditions
- Facebook comments may have led to at least one of the Eastern Shore arsons
- Receipt profanity angers dad who took young son to sports bar
- Viral video: What’s behind the door?