Video: Giant catfish hunt pigeons on land
The largest freshwater fish in Europe is the European Catfish, which can grow up 1.5 meters long. In one French river the invasive species has learned to hunt pigeons on land, according to a story in Discover Magazines ‘Not Exactly Rocket Science’ blog.
“These particular catfish have taken to lunging out of the water, grabbing a pigeon, and then wriggling back into the water to swallow their prey. In the process, they temporarily strand themselves on land for a few seconds.”
- 2 million Facebook, Gmail and Twitter passwords stolen in massive hack, report says
- VB Navy SEAL arrested for selling military weapons, ammunition
- UPDATE: Train derailment near Princess Anne Road and Ballentine Blvd. in Norfolk
- Chesterfield teen charged with sexually abusing pregnant pit bull
- Video: Utah Jazz mascot gets revenge on fan who poured beer over his head