Video: Giant catfish hunt pigeons on land
The largest freshwater fish in Europe is the European Catfish, which can grow up 1.5 meters long. In one French river the invasive species has learned to hunt pigeons on land, according to a story in Discover Magazines ‘Not Exactly Rocket Science’ blog.
“These particular catfish have taken to lunging out of the water, grabbing a pigeon, and then wriggling back into the water to swallow their prey. In the process, they temporarily strand themselves on land for a few seconds.”
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- ‘Super’ exercise helps mom lose 110 pounds
- The missing Malaysia Airlines flight: What we know and don’t know
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen