Pearl Harbor bombing survivors honored in Virginia Beach
At exactly 12:55 p.m. on Friday, survivors of the Pearl Harbor bombing were honored in Virginia Beach.
That time is when the bombings started at the Hawaii Naval Base in 1941.
More than 70 years later, veterans gathered and reflected on their memories of that day of infamy.
The ceremony at Little Creek-Fort Story was one of many held across the country today.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- ‘Super’ exercise helps mom lose 110 pounds
- The missing Malaysia Airlines flight: What we know and don’t know
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen