Pearl Harbor bombing survivors honored in Virginia Beach
At exactly 12:55 p.m. on Friday, survivors of the Pearl Harbor bombing were honored in Virginia Beach.
That time is when the bombings started at the Hawaii Naval Base in 1941.
More than 70 years later, veterans gathered and reflected on their memories of that day of infamy.
The ceremony at Little Creek-Fort Story was one of many held across the country today.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Grandma charged after leaving 6 young grandchildren alone in motel
- Norfolk Airport holds auction for items from lost and found